We at UK LIGHT BULBS are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer you a better shopping experience. We use the information you the consumer provide at the time of order to create an account with us, take payment and contact you about your order. We will only ever use this information respectfully and lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, once enacted. You, the customer, have the right to revoke any given consent at all times.
If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website. UK LIGHT BULBS will be what is known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us, and we will sometimes refer to ourselves in this notice as “we” or “us”. By Data Controller, this means UK LIGHT BULBS determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
Should you need to contact us please write to:
Data Protection Officer, UK LIGHT BULBS , 60 Montserrat Road, Bolton, BL1 5TU, United Kingdom
All information we hold about you is done so in a secure environment and will remain confidential, no details will be passed to any third parties including your e-mail address and all details we hold about you will be used solely for our purposes and relating to your order to provide the high level of customer service expected in our business. No credit card or payment details are held or kept on file and any credit card details taken over the phone are manually input into a card machine whilst on the phone and call recording is blocked during this time, card details are never written down. You have to right to information about your stored personal data, and you have the right to correct, block and delete your data.
We store your orders content and will send you these details as well as information about our general terms via e-mail. You can find the terms here at all times. The details about your recent orders can also can be found in your customer login.
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use the site. The tool uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
Cookies allow us to obtain information about how you use our site. We can then use it to improve our site.
What we use your information for:
- Security reasons, check and verify your identity. This helps us detect crime and even prevent it.
- Keep track of any promotions.
- Make general improvements over the whole website.
- Tailor parts of our service to you.
- It helps us understand how you shop and we can make improvements to adapt the website to our customer’s needs.
- Notify you of any changes.
When we might collect information:
- When you visit our site and any sites accessible from our website.
- If you contact us through the contact form or any other methods.
- When you register on our site and make a purchase.
Your personal information is safe with us and will never be released to other companies for marketing reasons. We may use and share anonymous information. However, we must stress that this does not include your personal information.
How long we keep your information
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us. The only exceptions to this are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
If you choose to sign up to our newsletter you’ll receive emails including promotions, offers, new products and other information about our site. You can opt out at any time by contacting us.
Should you wish to discuss anything further please contact us.